Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Say whaaaaat?!

So I started a food diary to help me monitor what I eat (so I feel motivated to put good things down and so there's accountability if I must put down something awful) and since I now have to check the calories/fat etc of everything I eat so I can write it down, I've discovered some awful things!

For example, we made mac'n'cheese for dinner last night.... I mean, I knew it wasn't amazing for you....but did you know a whole box, prepared with fat-free milk and butter, is 1200 calories?! with fat-free milk. The fact that we made it with 1% added another couple hundred. Luckily we figured that out before I got all the way through my bowl (I've always been entire-package-of-mac-worthy) and I dumped half my bowl into Alex's (who is currently trying to gain weight and bulk up....convenient, because he will always finish my food without fail).

Anyway, just thought I'd warn you all that there's 1200 calories in mac and cheese when prepared fat-free!! I was pretty disappointed. Almost ruined my whole day of food-diary-motivation!

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post about mac and cheese! Ladies, any other surprisingly bad foods I should be afeard of?

Also, on your blogs, do you sent out email notifications for when you post? Like in your settings on your blog? Or do we all just trust in everyone to check it when they feel like it? It's just, I can feel myself getting addicted already! So I wouldn't want to overwhelm everyone with notifications for my silly posts.

ONE more thing, what are all the blogs that this family has, so I can follow everyones? Everyone who has a blog, post the address in a comment or invite me! I didn't know how fun the blog world was. If for no other reason than I get to ramble ramble ramble ramble and no one can interrupt me....and I loooooooooove to ramble!

PS - Rachel, tried to access your blog and it told me my invitation had expired. Re-invite por favor?

1 comment:

  1. So many questions to answer my dear...here we go:

    *I will send you a new invite to our blog.
    *I don't send out notifications because my blog is private, but if you are public then if someone "follows" you and then puts you on their sidebar of their own blog it will show how many hours/days since you updated.
    *I will send you a list of the family blogs so you can add them to your sidebar for easy blog surfing. If you don't know how to do that I can show you.
    *I stick to only "real" foods. I figure if it's fresh {as in not processed at all} then the calories in it are okay {fruits, veggies, basic dairy, etc.} I also make my own french bread, wheat bread, etc. to make them lower calorie.

    ReplyDelete